Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Subaru XV not recognised
Subaru XV not recognised

2293 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-20 21:53:51

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    DynaTune
    2016-08-18 15:25:55
     I've just had a 2015 Subaru XV in and my MaxiDAS wouldn't recognise the ECU, I borrowed a neighbouring garage's MaxiSYS and it recognised it straight away.  I'm paying for updates so why is my system not as up to date as the MaxiSYS?

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    bobinyelm

2016-10-20 04:27:39 (Reply to:DynaTune)

By now I am sure you have your answer, but I just spoke with Tech Support and they said that the DS-708 is now considered "Obsolete" and will not work with any vehicle newer than 2014.

They must have manufactured a bazillion DS708s at the end, because I see pictures of stacks and stacks of them from online dealers for them. The price ($820) is attractive for us small shops where we essentially don't see the newest vehicles that are on warranty, or even new enough that owners patronize the dealer service departments.

The suggestion was to purchase a MaxiSYS uni and to not use the DS708.

I asked about updates for the DS708 and was told that new updates would be essentially useless from here on. Reading on the forum, I've learned that if these units communicate with the Internet after their subscriptions expire, they are rendered useless by the Autel company, so when they say "Obsolete," they mean KAPUT!

I suggest that you verify this since I am new guy here, but that's what I was told, anyway.

Bob

•   Level 4   
    (119) points
    John Clark

2016-10-20 21:53:51 (Reply to:bobinyelm)

I picked up a DS708 for $225 on Craigslist a week or so ago.  It was last updated in May 2016.  Even if obsolete it's still worth every penny I paid for it (at least for a few more years, anyway.)  However, if Autel would do that with the DS708 (after promising updates to 2020) what makes you think they wouldn't do it with the Maxisys?  There's no way I'd pay what they want for a Maxisys only to have that unit made "obsolete" and no longer provide updates to it.   
  Total1 Pages